This is where we announce the results of all tournaments, league matches and club competition results involving any of our members.
- C&D Div.II - Chester 4 vs Holywell "Knights", 25th April 2017.
- The "Knights" lost their final match 2-3 tonight, to a strong chester 4 who have now won Division 3 this year. The Knights had a tough season, losing 2 of their stronger players early in the season. They finished bottom of Division 2, which is a little unkind as this position does not reflect how bravely most of the matches were contested or how close they come to reversing some of the results.
- Board 1 - Owain Meurig (0.5 - 0.5) Ray Williams.
Board 2 - Dewi Jones (1 - 0) Colin White.
Board 3 - Richard Drew (0.5 - 0.5) Clive Tickell.
Board 4 - Brian Jones (0 - 1) Joe Nemcek.
Board 5 - Sandi Medagedara (0 - 1) Brian Jones.
- C&D Div.II - Holywell "Bishops" vs Colwyn Bay 2, 24th April 2017.
- The "Bishops" finished the season on a low note, losing 2-3 to Colwyn Bay despite starting the match with a 1 point default. They finished second from bottom, which was hard to swallow after leading the division for the entire first half of the season.
- Board 1 - Liam Jefferies (0.5 - 0.5) Mike Whale.
Board 2 - Haydn Parry (0.5 - 0.5) Barrie Wells.
Board 3 - Max Coventry (0 - 1) Tim Soar.
Board 4 - Paul Taylor (0 - 1) Richard Hibbs
Board 5 - Steve Williams (1 - 0) DEFAULT.
- C&D Div.III - Rhyl & Prestatyn 2 vs Holywell "Rookies", 18th April 2017
- The Rookies lost their final match 1.5 - 2.5 away to Prestatyn tonight. This placed the team second from bottom in the Division.
- Board 1 - Brian Jones (0.5 - 0.5) John Simmons.
Board 2 - Sue Parry (0 - 1) Diego Garcia Lucas.
Board 3 - Sithi Medagedara (1 - 0) Stuart Hamilton.
Board 4 - Sandi Medagedara (0 - 1) Nigel Hughes.
- Annual Handicap Rapidplay Tournament, 16th January 2017.
- Tonight we had our annual handicap rapidplay tournament. This is a traditional fun event held every year and this year was no exception. A total of 17 entrants took part in a 5 round 30 minutes per game event. The greater the difference in strength between the players, the greater handicap the stronger player had to contend with. Final placings are shown below:
- 1st - Dewi Jones (5/5)
2nd - Sithi Medagedara (4/5)
3rd= - Haydn Parry (3.5 - 3.5)
3rd= - Owain Meurig (0.5 - 0.5)